Mount Everest is the peak of the Himalayas crest in Southern Asia. This is considered as the highest point in the world. There are three units or formations that make up this mountain. The three divisions are the Rongbuk Formation, the North Col Formation and the Qomolangma Formation.
Flying to Lukla Airport from Kathmandu is the most convenient way to reach Mount Everest. There are several Airlines operating dozens of everyday. Among them Tara Air and Agni Air are generally considered the most reliable companies servicing the route. Helicopter Charter service is also available on demand and mostly used for rescue operations.
The Qomolangma Formation
This is also known as the Jolmo Lungma Formation. It has different layers of Ordovician limestone and recrystallized dolomite. Siltstone and laminae are also found in these layers. These create colors from white to dark gray. It starts from above the Yellow Band to the Summit.
North Col Formation
This is the middle part of the mountain. This section is also divided into different parts. The parts are Yellow Band, Middle Cambridge marble, muscovite-biotite phyllite and semischist.
This is the lower section of the mountain. This area is made up of sillminite-K-feldspar grade schist and gneiss, which are metamorphic rocks.
It was believed that Mount Everest came from the bottom of the Tethys Sea. Motions from continental plates 50 million years ago caused the mountain to rise up. Now, it is the highest peak on Earth.
Reasons for climbing the mountain
There are many reasons why people climb the Mount Everest. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- Charities. Climbing Mount Everest is a very important thing. This will garner a lot of attention from the media and from the community. People will want to know more about you and your escapade. Your exposure will then garner a lot of donations and charity.
- Personal Achievement. Climbing Mount Everest is a marvelous achievement. By climbing the mountain your self-esteem and your self-believe will also go to unbelievable heights. Not everyone can climb the mountain; this means if you have climbed it, you have to be an extraordinary person. Reaching the peak of the mountain is an achievement that will remain with you for your entire life. It will also drive you to achieve taller heights in your life.
- Fitness. You need a lot of exercise and practice to reach the peak of the mountain. You have to be physically fit to get to the top of the mountain and this needs a lot of effort. You must also have high oxygen level in your body to reach the top. There are people who just want to challenge their fitness that is why they climb the mountain. If you train for this mountain, you will definitely become fit or stay fit.
- Life Changing. Reaching the top of Mount Everest is a life changing experience. If you reached the top, you will feel like a superhuman and that there is nothing you can’t do. You will even be looking for new and much more difficult challenge after getting to the top of the mountain. Just don’t forget to arrange your life insurance before you climb to protect your loved ones. Just in case…
- Adventure. There are some people who are just looking for some thrill in their lives, and there is nothing more thrilling than the adventure of going to the top of Mount Everest. Adrenaline junkies find Mount Everest as an amusing activity to do. They would like to climb the mountain at a regular basis, like every year. However your income protection premiums would skyrocket in this case, as mountaineering is considered as dangerous hobby/sport.